Looking for Thanksgiving or Christmas cookie recipe ideas? These Candy Cane Kiss Peppermint Cookies are so simple and delicious, and help make the holidays even more magical for your guests. Click here for the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bags of Unwrapped Candy Cane Kisses
- 2 Ungreased cookie sheets
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, powdered sugar, extracts and egg and beat well until creamy (2-3 minutes).
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, flour, and salt and whisk together.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and beat until well blended (1-2 minutes). At this point, the mixture should be a bit crumbly.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar, if desired; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes. Press a candy cane kiss into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Store in a sealed container.
Adopted From: www.hotbeautyhealth.com